This course covers the role of the designated fire marshal.
All staff and fire wardens/marshals.
All employees need to understand how fires can start, what to do to prevent them, the action in the event of fire and the role of fire wardens/marshals.
The nature of fire, types of fire, types of extinguishers, protection systems, warning systems, evacuation principles.
• The most common causes of fire
• Identifying ignition sources
• Identifying combustible materials
• Fire protection systems and how they work
• Fire warning systems and how they work
• Principles of evacuation and how to ensure 100% evacuation
• Behaviour of people in a fire
• Evacuation procedures for special groups
• Type of fire extinguishers and the types of fire they can be effectively used on
To feel confident about the arrangements in place for managing a fire and the roles that everyone plays.
All delegates are expected to explain their evacuation procedure.
Wilby Ltd Gordon House, 17 Charles St, Halifax, West Yorkshire HX1 1NA
Date to be confirmed. Please contact us if interested.
£80 + VAT
All course materials and notes / handouts. Tea and coffee on arrival and during break times.
Half day – 09:00 – 12:30